We surveyed 100 people during lunchtime last week in beautiful Oakville, Ontario to find out why some people don’t want to go to the dentist. The following ten reasons were listed most often by our survey participants as to why people avoid the dentist:
- I can’t find a dentist
- Dentists are too expensive
- My teeth don’t need regular checkups
- I am too busy
- I haven’t been to the dentist in a long time
- Electric toothbrush works just fine for me
- My teeth look white enough
- My teeth feel fine
- I floss and brush my teeth, that should be enough
- I am scared of the dentist
Basically, the people we surveyed seem to think that their teeth are in good shape, don’t have the resources to get to a dentist, or even have a fear of getting a dental checkup. Though we work at a dentist office, the reasons listed above don’t seem strong enough to us to keep someone from getting regular dental checkups.
No matter what the reason is that you may have been avoiding getting a dental checkup, your teeth are too important to leave unchecked by a dentist. The Oakville Place Dental Office offers affordable and convenient dental services in a friendly and professional environment. Contact us today to make an appointment, learn about our dental services, and meet our staff.