Professional Teeth Whitening Services in Oakville
A brighter, whiter smile can help to improve your overall appearance and boost your self-confidence. With dental bleaching – aka teeth whitening – you can fast-track your way to making a dazzling impression with your beautifully white teeth.
What is teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening or “bleaching” has become a popular procedure in the field of cosmetic dentistry in Oakville. Many are turning to professional bleaching because it is an effective treatment for getting whiter, brighter teeth. Oakville Place Dental Office provides a range of dental bleaching options for you to choose from, including:
- In-office: In-office whitening is the most effective teeth whitening treatment available. It ensures you remain comfortable during your treatments and achieve the ideal whiteness for your smile. This whitening process is much faster, combining a powerful whitening gel in hand with a special light to activate the whitener. Many patients see perfect results in a single appointment for an instant smile makeover.
- At-home whitening: The at-home option is also very effective in helping you achieve the perfect level of whiteness. We provide a custom-made whitening kit made using special moulds to create fitted trays to ensure an even whitening of your teeth. A professional strength bleaching solution is also provided, which is used in hand with the trays. This process takes longer to see the level of white you desire, requiring applications over several weeks. However, the results are equally noticeable.
Our Teeth Whitening Loyalty Program
We offer a teeth whitening loyalty plan for our new patients. Once you get a complete exam, x-rays, and a cleaning, we provide free whitening gel to use at home.
The Benefits of Teeth Whitening
As a person ages, teeth often yellow and darken due to changes in the tooth’s mineral structure. Certain foods, drinks, tobacco, and antibiotic medications can further stain teeth. Dental bleaching goes beyond teeth whitening to brighten teeth beyond their natural colour.
Unlike surface whiteners that use abrasives to remove surface stains, dental teeth bleaching uses peroxide-based bleaching gel to safely and effectively alter the colour of the tooth with long-lasting results
Our patients love our teeth whitening services and see many benefits following treatment, including:
- Can improve your overall appearance and boost your self-confidence
- It can make you look more youthful
- You’re more likely to smile more often with a whiter, brighter smile
- Can inspire you to practice better brushing and flossing habits to maintain your sparkling new smile
Speak to our team today to learn how we can help you achieve a pearly white smile.
Teeth Bleaching Dentistry
Teeth bleaching procedures are performed by applying a high-concentration bleaching gel to the teeth. Using thin and well-fitted application trays, our teeth bleaching system works to whiten teeth quickly. After a few 20 to 30-minute sessions using the bleaching trays, you will see a noticeable teeth whitening in most cases.
For patients interested in learning more about how they can get achieve a perfect smile, our dental clinic offers a variety of in-office procedures, as well as a professional tooth bleaching kits to take home.
Oakville Place Dental Office encourages individuals interested in tooth bleaching to consult with a dentist prior to trying a home teeth bleaching kit. Not all dental discolourations respond well to bleaching treatments, and other options or precautions may be applicable for patients with dental crowns, sensitive gums, fillings, or severe stains.
Why choose teeth whitening?
There are many reasons our patients choose to whiten their teeth, including:
- A special occasion such as a wedding or graduation
- Feeling self-conscious about discoloured teeth
- Improving appearance with whiter teeth
- Wanting to remove cigarette staining after quitting smoking
- Wanting to appear younger
- Having braces removed
The most common reason is simply wanting to have a dazzling, white smile.
Risks of Over-the-Counter Teeth Whitening Products
If you are considering using an over-the-counter DIY whitening product, it’s essential to understand potential risks, including:
- DIY whitening kits from the drug store do not use a professional strength whitener. As a result, it is very difficult to achieve the level of white you desire.
- DIY whitening treatments increase the risk for discomfort and tooth sensitivity as they do not use special gels and fitted trays like professional treatments.
- Incorrect use of DIY whitening kits can damage your tooth enamel, the hard outer layer needed to prevent decay.
- Improper application using DIY kits can cause “tiger teeth” due to uneven application of the bleaching solution. This results in a striped or ununiform look to the whiteness of your teeth.
Why choose professional whitening?
When our team provides your whitening treatment, we take special precautions for the best possible results. Our patients choose professional whitening for the following reasons:
- Dental whitening is much faster, often requiring a single appointment to see whiter teeth
- Dental whitening kits use customized trays to ensure even application for consistent whitening for each tooth
- In-office whitening uses a higher bleach concentration for brilliant results impossible to achieve with OTC products
- In-office and customized in-home whitening prevents soft tissue irritation and overexposure to the bleach to avoid tooth enamel erosion
- In-office appointments are monitored to ensure the exact timing is used to reduce risks of sensitivity and overly white teeth
- Professional whitening tends to last longer
Teeth Whitening FAQs
How does teeth whitening work?
The professional strength bleaching solution breaks apart staining molecules that make the teeth appear yellow. It uses bleaching ingredients such as Carbamide Peroxide, Carbamide Peroxide with Potassium Nitrate Fluoride, and Hydrogen Peroxide to remove stains effectively.
Does teeth whitening work for everyone?
It depends on the type of discolouration. For example, stains that appear yellowish-brown are easier to remove than gray tones, as often gray tones are caused by other issues such as medication or dead roots.
How quickly will I see results?
In-office treatments provide instant results after one treatment, while at-home kits can take a month or two, depending on the level of staining.
Can anyone book a teeth whitening appointment?
Before whitening treatment, we require a consultation to determine your current condition. Teeth whitening can cause sensitivity, so we ensure your teeth and gums are healthy enough to withstand the bleaching solution. Also, teeth whitening does not work on teeth with veneers, bonding, composites, crowns, and bridges. Based on these factors, we will consider the best course of action.
Does whitening damage tooth enamel?
Only when not applied properly. Our office uses proper procedures and tools to ensure tooth enamel is not damaged.
How long does teeth whitening last?
Teeth whitening lasts longer when you follow our instructions, including avoiding teeth-staining foods and beverages, and smoking. Depending on your lifestyle, it can last several months up to a year.
How do I make an appointment?
Contact Oakville Place Dental office to learn more about our teeth bleaching and if it is right for you.
Other Dental Services We Offer
Browse the wide range of dental services that we provide here at Oakville Place Dental. If you have any questions regarding the services that we provide, then click here to contact us so that we can clarify your inquiries
Canada Dental Benefits
Recently the Government of Canada announced the new Canada Dental Benefits program for Canadian families. The program...
General Dentistry Services in Oakville
Cavities occur when tooth decay creates a hole in the tooth. Deep cavities allow bacteria to get...
Family Dental Services in Oakville
The Oakville Place Dental Office provides your whole family with a broad range of dental services...
Cosmetic Dentistry Services in Oakville
Our experienced Oakville dentists offer the following cosmetic dentistry services...
Dental Prosthodontics Services
Prosthodontics is the branch of dentistry that is designed to restore your dentition and hopefully...
Pediatric Dentistry is important here at Oakville Place Dental Office. Our goal is to make a child’s trip...
Endodontic Treatment Oakville
In the past, the idea of a root canal terrified most patients. But today, root canal therapy aka endodontic...
Emergency Dentistry & Broken Tooth Repair Services in Oakville
An emergency dental service could refer to a number of dental issues. This might mean something...
Our experienced Oakville dentists offer the following cosmetic dentistry services to improve the visual...