A prosthodontic service is a dental specialty that restores and replaces natural teeth. It diagnoses oral problems, improves appearance and provides oral comfort.
The Need For Prosthodontic Services
If you shy away from getting your photo taken because your teeth are broken, misaligned, discoloured, or missing entirely, you should seek the care of a professional in prosthodontic services.
Another example would be someone who has had an injury or trauma to their face and teeth, causing them to be displaced.
Patients with Vitamin D deficiency or prior periodontal disease may need these services.
Prosthodontic services can not only improve your smile, but it can help restore your self-esteem.
Types Of Prosthodontic Work
There are several options of prosthodontic services available at Oakville Place Dental Office. Sometimes known as cosmetic dentistry, all are designed to improve your quality of life and restore your smile. Confer with our dental specialists for help in making the best choice for you.
Many times a combination of treatments will prove to be the most lasting and ensure a natural result.
- Dental Implants are a state-of-the-art treatment to replace one or more missing teeth. Implants are surgically placed below the gumline anchored to your jawbone. Healthy gums and sufficient bone is necessary for successful results. A cap, denture or bridge can then be attached. They are both stable and comfortable, and even better, no one will know. Schedule an evaluation and discover if dental implants are the right choice for you.
- Another prosthodontic treatment is a dental crown. A crown covers a tooth to prevent further damage and is frequently used after root canal treatments or other kinds of damage. Our dentists have newer more natural materials available so crowns are more realistic and pleasing. It is a great way to hide discoloured or badly shaped teeth.
- A bridge is another type of prosthodontic service that can replace up to four adjoining teeth. It is a permanent fixture for lost teeth or gum disease. Additionally it can correct bite, chewing, as well as speech issues. Bridges can be coloured to match your natural teeth so they blend aesthetically. Ask us about the pros and cons of bridges.
- Porcelain veneers create a startling change to your smile! They consist of a thin piece of porcelain attached to the front of a tooth, and they can last up to 30 years.
If you suffer from any of the following issues, you may also benefit from prosthodontic services.
- Oral cancer
- Gum disease
- Jaw issues (TMJ)
- Snoring and sleep disorders
- Trauma or injury
If you or someone you know may benefit from our services, please schedule an evaluation to discuss your options. Our specialists are here to help.
If you have questions about prosthodontic services and how they can improve your smile and your life, contact us today or call 905-842-6030.